Washington Apple Pi
A Community of Apple iPad, iPhone and Mac Users
Washington Apple Pi Photo Contest 2015
Photo Contest Winners
Novice Traditional (21 entries, 6 awards):
First Place: Ann Zabaldo - St. Mark’s Sq. The Venetian, Las Vegas
Second Place: Wayne Richey - Unnamed image of a window with reflections
Third Place: Ronnald Shansby - Moth Still Life
Paul Silverman - Not Just Any Mountain
Charles Stancil - Texture-2
Cheryl Lavoie - After the Rain Storm
Novice Unrestricted (5 entries, 2 awards):
First Place: Diana King - August at the beach
Second Place: Jon Bernstein - London concert venue, Glazed
Advanced Traditional (4 entries, 1 award):
First Place - Larry Kerschberg - Field of Daisies
Advanced Unrestricted (0 entries, 0 awards)
Washington Apple Pi has once more embarked upon an epic journey of discovery with its fourth digital photo contest. The rules:
- You must be a member in good standing with Washington Apple Pi.
- Images must be taken with an Apple device (eg iPhone, iPad, iSight Camera, QuickTake 100 camera...).
- Photos must be taken no earlier than May 30, 2015 and no later than October 3, 2015.
- There are two levels: Novice and Advanced (self-selected).
- All images must be entered at the same level.
- There will be two categories:
- Traditional - only minor editing (cropping, exposure and contrast adjustments, etc);
- Unrestricted - you may manipulate the image to your heart’s content using any apps that you wish.
- You may submit a total of two images, both in one category, or one in each of the two categories. Again, pick either Novice or Advanced for all of your images.
- Photos must be submitted for consideration no later than October 10, 2015. All photos must be submitted electronically using this portal:
- Judging and Awards will be at the October 24, 2015, General Meeting.
- Video Podcast of Karen Messick’s Creative Imagery Using iPhone Apps from March of 2014
- Stan Schretter presentations on how to take and make great photographs:
- Talk to members who are experienced photographers during General Meeting breaks or a Clubhouse Saturday.
- Past photo contest. Note that these operated under different rules, and did not require the use of an Apple device.